Sunday, 5 June 2011

I'm bloody shocking at this!

Yeah, erm... How the hell do people manage to do this on a daily basis?  Kudos to them!

Anyway, it's been a month so:

Films (Both Cinema and LoveFilm):

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2D)  =  Thumbs up!  Much better than the last one, I'm waiting for the next one where we find out Jack travels back in time to become his own dad.

Thor = Thumbs up!  Well-paced Marvel outing with good casting.  Wasn't sure when I heard Brannagh was directing but he did a damn fine job and the only let-downs were script based.

Blitz = Meh!  It was good, but I felt like I was watching C4 make the Bill.

Hangover Part 2 = Again Meh. It's the same bloody film as the first one without the WTF elements.

Bee Movie = Really enjoyed Ray Liotta hamming it up!

Harry Brown = Wow!  Amazing film, just don't watch the extras or you'll end up wanting to ram your fist down the young actor's throat.

The Ghost Writer = WHAT A WASTE OF TWO HOURS!  This film is critically acclaimed and don't get me wrong, it's beautifully shot and the acting is very good but the script... is awful!  Seriously, this is labelled as a suspense thriller but if you don't know how it's going to end by the time you're halfway into it there's something seriously wrong with you.


Other stuff:

Starting this week will be my contribution to the Tale of Six (Seven? More?) Gamers on the GIMPS forum,  they've properly stitched me up by nominating my chosen army to be the Orks.  It's not too bad as all the models are made up but there's more than a couple of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment